Our executive Officers are our legal representatives, mainly responsible for the day-to-day management of our company, and for implementing the overall directives and policies established by our board of Directors.
The table below sets forth the name, position, date elected and term of office of each executive Officer, and is accompanied by a short biographical description of each of them.
|Name||Position||Election||Term of Office|
|Christophe Malik Akli||Chief Executive Officer||October 28, 2013||until May, 2014|
|Edson Machado Monteiro||Vice-President||February 1, 2013||until May, 2014|
|Célia Silvério||Director of Corporate Management|
|Mário Luiz Lorençatto||Financial Director and Investor Relations Officer||May 23, 2012||until May, 2014|
|Antônio Carlos da Rosa Pereira||Supply Chain Officer||May 23, 2012||until May, 2014|
|Miguel Ângelo de Carvalho||Business Unit Director||Jun 18, 2012||until May, 2014|
|Paulo Sergio Navarro||Controlling Director||Oct 17, 2012||until May, 2014|
We give below a brief biographical description, highlighting the main occupations of our executive Officers:
Christophe Malik Akli
Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Akli graduated in Agricultural Engineering at École Nationale Supérieure Agronomique de Toulouse and holds a Master‘s Degree (Maîtrise) in Biochemistry from Université de Nancy, France. Mr. Akli has more than 20 years of experience in rural development and agribusiness, having worked in companies such as Compagnie Générale des Eaux - Vivendi and Doux Frangosul where he worked as a Director in both and was responsible for important programs of business growth and acquisitions. He joined Louis Dreyfus Commodities Group in 2006 as Chief Operating Officer at the Citrus and Soy Platform. During his career at Louis Dreyfus Commodities Group, Mr. Akli worked in several companies of the group and has held the positions of Chief Executive Officer, Vice-President Director, and Operations Director in the company. Mr. Akli has worked as Chief Executive Officer at Biosev until September,2013.
Edson Machado Monteiro
- Economist graduated from AEUDF, with specialization in Economic Engineering – AEUDF/ICAT, International Executive MBA – AMANA KEY, and Member of the Board of Directors – IBGC. He has a large professional experience, and has acted as member of the Statutory Audit Committee (June/1988 – May/1990), Decision-Making Director (June/1990 – March/1993), Executive Director (April/1993 – February/1995) and Acting President (several periods 1993 – 1995) at PREVI – Pension Fund of Banco do Brasil.
He was an employee of Banco do Brasil from 1974 to 1992 and from 1995 to 2000, where he acted as Auditor (June/1988 – March/1993), Technical Consultant of the Board of Director (February/1995 – June/1996), Managing Director of BB-Leasing S.A. (1999 – 2000), Coordinator Member of the Business Committee (1987 – 2000), Executive Superintendent of Commercial Area (August/1996 – June/2000) and Acting Director of International and Commercial Areas (several periods 1996 – 2000), and Vice-President of Retail and Distribution (January/2003 – July/2005). He acted as Director of Audit and Risk of Telemar (July/2000 – April/2002); Marketing and Control Director at BRASILCAP Capitalização S.A. (April/2002 – January/2003); President of BRASILSAÚDE – Companhia de Seguros [Insurance Company] (June/2006 to June/2010) and Chief Executive Officer at CODHAB/DF – Companhia de Desenvolvimento Habitacional do Distrito Federal (January/2011 to December/2011).
He was a member of the Audit (Jun 1988 - May 1990) and of the Board of PREVI (Jun 1990 - Mar 1993), as Regional Director of ABEL- Brazilian Association of Leasing Companies (1997/2000), as Director of Visa International and as a member of the Boards of Directors of the following companies: TELEMAR/PE (sept/99 to sept/2000); Adubos Trevo (1999); ACESITA (1998/1999); BRASILSAÚDE (1997/1999); BB-DTVM Asset Management - Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários S.A., BB-TURISMO - Viagens e Turismo Ltda.; BRASILPREV - Seguros e Previdência S.A.; Companhia de Seguros ALIANÇA DO BRASIL and VISANET - Brazilian Payment Services (all of January/2003 to July/2005). On January 17, 2012, he was elected as Director of Controlling at Paranapanema S.A. He was elected interim C.E.O of Paranapanema on February 1, 2013.
Director of Corporate Management
- Degree in Organizational Psychology and MBA in Business Management, currently pursuing post-MBA in Corporate Governance in BI International in partnership with Columbia Univeristy, USA. She has worked in Human Resources for over 30 years, having served as Director of Human Resources at Ford Brazil, VP Human Resources at Philips and the last two years as Global VP HR at Marfrig Group.
Mário Luiz Lorencatto
Chief Financial and Investor Relations Officer.
- Degree in Economics from Universidade de São Paulo and MBA from Vanderbilt University - USA. Joined Caterpillar Brasil in 1982, transferred to Caterpillar Financial Services in the US in 1990, to become treasury and risk management senior analyst before leaving in 1994. Joined Philip Morris International in New York in 1994 as treasury manager for Latin America. Subsequently moved to Brazil to takeover as treasury and tax corporate director for the businesses of Philip Morris, Kibon, and Q-Refresco/Suchard. With Philip Morris Brasil's tobacco division as head of Financial Planning and Controllership until 1999 . Transferred to London, UK, in 1999 to head Kraft Foods - European Union's regional treasury, tax and planning department. Returned to Brazil in 2006 to be CFO of Grupo Zilor - Energia e Alimentos and member of the fiscal council of Copersucar S/A. CFO of Grupo El Tejar office in Luxembourg (head offices in Buenos Aires, Argentina) from 2010 through April 2011.
Antônio Carlos da Rosa Pereira
Supply Chain Officer
- Electrical Engineer, graduated from PUC/RS-Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, extension course in Usininos in Administration – Universidade Vale do Sol and MBA at FGV. He has an extensive professional experience into area, holding the position of Supply Chain Manager in Companhia de Cimento Portland Gaúcho from 1985 to 1996; Supply Chain Manager in Companhia de Cimento Portland Rio Branco from 1996 to 2002; Corporate Manager Supply Chain of Brazil in Votorantim Cimentos from 2002 to 2006; General Manager Supply in Votorantim Group from Jan/2006 to Oct/2008; Partner Director in Meridional S.A. from Dec/2008 to Mar/2009 and Supply Chain Officer in Usiminas Group from Mar/2009 to Oct 2011. In October 19, 2011 he was elected Supply Chain Officer of Paranapanema S.A.
Miguel Ângelo de Carvalho
Business Unit Director
- Materials Engineer, graduated of the Universidade Federal de São Carlos (1987), he holds a Master’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering at the Universidade de São Paulo (1995), and an MBA in Business Management at ISE/IESE (2006). He made his career in Aços Villares, working initially as Process Engineer in the IT department (1987-1989). From 1989-1991 he was Coordinator of Process Engineering and then Supervisor of Product Engineering (1991-1997). He held the post of Supervisor of Development and Application (1997-1998) and subsequently, from 1998-2002, he worked as Manager of Engineering, Quality and Development. From 2002-2005 he held the position of Industrial and Development Manager and then went on to head the Business Unit of the company from 2005-2009. He was elected as a member of the Board of Directors of Renk Zanini (2010), and also of GV do Brasil –SIMEC/ICH Group.
Paulo Sergio Navarro
- Economist, graduated of the School of Management and Economics (FAE) of São João da Boa Vista-SP (1986), he holds an MBA with a major in Finance at the Universidade do Rio Grande do Sul (1996), and an extension in Management Accounting at the Getúlio Vargas Foundation, Federal District (FGV-DF) (2006). He coordinated the integration project between Banco do Brasil and Banco Votorantim and was a former President of BB Turismo. He was several times a member of the Fiscal Council of Multicar/Multirio and BB Ativos S.A. and currently he is a member of the Fiscal Council of Brasilcap.