Our executive Officers are our legal representatives, mainly responsible for the day-to-day management of our company, and for implementing the overall directives and policies established by our board of Directors.
The table below sets forth the name, position, date elected and term of office of each executive Officer, and is accompanied by a short biographical description of each of them.
|Name||Position||Election||Term of Office|
|Christophe Malik Akli||Chief Executive Officer||May 21, 2014||April, 2016|
|Antônio Carlos da Rosa Pereira||Chief Supply Chain Officer||May 21, 2014||April, 2016|
|Célia Silvério||Chief Corporate Management Officer||Non-statutory|
|Miguel Ângelo de Carvalho||Chief Copper Products Unit Officer||May 21, 2014||April, 2016|
|Rodrigo Junqueira||Chief Primary Copper Unit Officer||Non-statutory|
|Thiago Alonso de Oliveira||Chief Financial Officer & Investors Relations Officer||May 21, 2014||April, 2016|
We give below a brief biographical description, highlighting the main occupations of our executive Officers:
Christophe Malik Akli
Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Akli graduated in Agricultural Engineering at École Nationale Supérieure Agronomique de Toulouse and holds a Master‘s Degree (Maîtrise) in Biochemistry from Université de Nancy, France. Mr. Akli has more than 20 years of experience in rural development and agribusiness, having worked in companies such as Compagnie Générale des Eaux - Vivendi and Doux Frangosul where he worked as a Director in both and was responsible for important programs of business growth and acquisitions. He joined Louis Dreyfus Commodities Group in 2006 as Chief Operating Officer at the Citrus and Soy Platform. During his career at Louis Dreyfus Commodities Group, Mr. Akli worked in several companies of the group and has held the positions of Chief Executive Officer, Vice-President Director, and Operations Director in the company. Mr. Akli has worked as Chief Executive Officer at Biosev until September,2013.
Antônio Carlos da Rosa Pereira
Supply Chain Officer
- Electrical Engineer, graduated from PUC/RS-Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, extension course in Usininos in Administration – Universidade Vale do Sol and MBA at FGV. He has an extensive professional experience into area, holding the position of Supply Chain Manager in Companhia de Cimento Portland Gaúcho from 1985 to 1996; Supply Chain Manager in Companhia de Cimento Portland Rio Branco from 1996 to 2002; Corporate Manager Supply Chain of Brazil in Votorantim Cimentos from 2002 to 2006; General Manager Supply in Votorantim Group from Jan/2006 to Oct/2008; Partner Director in Meridional S.A. from Dec/2008 to Mar/2009 and Supply Chain Officer in Usiminas Group from Mar/2009 to Oct 2011. In October 19, 2011 he was elected Supply Chain Officer of Paranapanema S.A.
Director of Corporate Management
- Degree in Organizational Psychology and MBA in Business Management, currently pursuing post-MBA in Corporate Governance in BI International in partnership with Columbia Univeristy, USA. She has worked in Human Resources for over 30 years, having served as Director of Human Resources at Ford Brazil, VP Human Resources at Philips and the last two years as Global VP HR at Marfrig Group.
Miguel Ângelo de Carvalho
Business Unit Director
- Materials Engineer, graduated of the Universidade Federal de São Carlos (1987), he holds a Master’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering at the Universidade de São Paulo (1995), and an MBA in Business Management at ISE/IESE (2006). He made his career in Aços Villares, working initially as Process Engineer in the IT department (1987-1989). From 1989-1991 he was Coordinator of Process Engineering and then Supervisor of Product Engineering (1991-1997). He held the post of Supervisor of Development and Application (1997-1998) and subsequently, from 1998-2002, he worked as Manager of Engineering, Quality and Development. From 2002-2005 he held the position of Industrial and Development Manager and then went on to head the Business Unit of the company from 2005-2009. He was elected as a member of the Board of Directors of Renk Zanini (2010), and also of GV do Brasil –SIMEC/ICH Group.
Primary Copper Director
- Degree in Metallurgical Enginnering with a Masters Degree from Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais and an Executive MBA from ESCP - École Supéreure de Commerce de Paris, France. Rodrigo has more than 15 years of experience in the metals industry, from integrated steel plants to mini mills, and has joined Paranapanema as the Primary Copper Director in December 2013.
Thiago Alonso de Oliveira
Chief Financial Officer & Investors Relations Officer
- Mr. Oliveira joined the Company in May 2014, after 22 years of professional experience in the Industrial, Energy, Services and Banks industries, with career focused on Finance and Business Development. Before working for Paranapanema, he held the position of Executive Director for Latin America at General Electric, was Chief Financial Officer and Investor Relations Officer at Perenco Participações S.A. and at Lupatech SA, lead various transactions in Capital Markets, including IPO processes. He holds a Law degree from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo and a post-graduate degree in Finance and Business from Fundação Getúlio Vargas de São Paulo.